About Me

My photo
Hello, Welcome to my blog. I've been teaching English for over 13 years. I lived in Italy for 10 years on the sunny island of Sardinia. I was born in Manchester and went to university in Liverpool, where I studied Geography. I love travelling and have visited lots of different countries

Followers

Friday 4 July 2008

Issues raised in tutorials today

Hello Everyone,

During the tutorials today a number of people raised the issue of wanting to prepare more specifically for their Masters courses.
One way in which you can do this is to look on Weblearn at the modules you will be studying on your Masters and looking at the book lists. Whilst the university is quiet you are more likely to find the books on the reading lists. Try taking one of the books out of the library and reading a couple of chapters. This will give you an idea of both the level of English and the type of vocabulary used.

A website that you could look at for more business oriented materials is
http://www.businessballs.com/

Also look in the library for the book Business Vocabulary in Use published by Cambridge University Press

No comments: